• Are you a willing weekender craving to disappear into infinite Solitude and Scenic Beauty?
• Are you just another victim of the modern life living a hectic and monotonous schedule and looking for a breath of fresh air ?
• Are you an ardent bird watcher with an alert eye and appetite (visual not digestive!) for rare and exotic birds?
• Are you a biologist looking to explore diverse flora and Fauna?
• Topslip and Parambikulam wild life sanctuary in South India has it all !
• The region has forests, grass hills, rivers , streams ,dams ,animals, birds, trekking facilities , boating, elephant safaris, elephant training camps, treetop houses and jungle lodges amidst a lush green setting ….. Visit and discover bliss.
Topslip, a part of Westernghats, is located above 300 meters from the sea level on the Anamalai mountain ranges(Hills of elephants). It is an important tourist centre in Indra Gandhi National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary (sanctuary covers 958 sq.kms) in the Coimbatore District of Tamilnadu at the southern part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. BUT there is a pass (Palaghat pass) between Nilgiris and Anamalai ranges. Further Topslip is the only entry point to Parambikulam Wild Life Reserve Forest which comes under the state of Kerala. The nearest access point to Topslip would be Pollachi in Tamilnadu (Pollachi-Topslip about 35Kms).
At about 4Kms from Topslip, Sandwiched between the Annamalai ranges of Tamilnadu and the Nellampathy ranges of kerala on the Westernghats is the Parmabikulam Wildlife Sanctuary at height of about 300 meters extending up to 800meters.This Valley would be the literal and graphical representation of the phrase ‘Heaven on Earth’. Prepare yourself to be mesmerized for place provide a whole new dimension to the color Green. The greenery of the area ranges from dark, light, lush, dry, yellow and various other forms which could only be understood through eyes rather than words.
• The latitudinal and Longitudinal coordinates are
Longitude: 76*00’-77*56’ E
Latitude: 10*12’ – 11* 07’ N
• Temperatures are at a minimum of 2 C (winter) and Max 25 C in summer
• Rain fall varies from 500mm to 5000mm ;less on the eastern side and high on the western. So are the forest diversity with its flora and fauna.