Tips for smooth Trip
• Contact the office at Pollachi or Parambikulam for lodging/boarding. Enquire fully about the types of food available and facilities like hot water etc. Confirm over phone.
• Entry timings are from 6:30 AM to 5:30 AM. Make sure you reach the check post within this time span because nighttime riding inside the sanctuary is prohibited.
• The nearest petrol pump/bunk is at Vettaikaranpudur at the foothills of Topslip.
• Private vehicles in parambikulam are restricted to travel within the Black Topped main roads.
• Two wheelers are allowed up to the Sethumadai Check post but restricted within topslip.
• Carry drinking water after verifying with Park authorities. Bottled water may be available at canteen in Topslip.
• Make sure that you have a first aid kit with you for common ailments.
• Avoid perfumes.
• Don’t wear colorful clothes. Khakis, brown and green clothes are best suited.
• Best seasons are from May to June and October to February.
• Temperatures are at a minimum of 2 C (winter) and Max 25 C in summer.
• Please do not get yourself into trouble by bringing in liquor it’s banned in the area.
• Pollachi has a few good hotels and restaurants. if you do not get accommodation in Topslip you can stay in Pollachi. The distance of reaching topslip from Pollachi(35km).)but the duration would be less than traveling to work under heavy traffic in your city.